JV Fall Sports

Maryam Salame, Staff Writer/ Co-Editor

From prayer breakfasts to pep-rallies, everyone knows it’s time for fall sports! Football, volleyball, and cheer all come to mind when fall sports are mentioned. Though the JV teams are sometimes overlooked when it comes to school sports, the Donoho JV athletes seem to be thriving this year!

JV football has only had two games, but are on a winning streak. Co-Captains Amari Smedley and Ridge Hopkins say there is a lot of leadership for the team, despite the fact the team is young. Smedley says, “We have a lot of heart on the team.” It is evident the team is passionate and driven to succeed. They have high expectations for their game next week against Victory Christian. This game is important to the JV team due to the Varsity team’s loss earlier this season against Victory Christian. Come out and support some Falcon football at home on October 16th!

JV A-team volleyball currently has a positive record, with only five losses out of nineteen games. They have won two out of their four tournaments and came in third place in the other two tournaments. This past weekend, the JV volleyball team won the County Tournament, defeating Faith Christian, Jacksonville, Saks, and Pleasant Valley. Captain Anna Amaral says this year’s team has great chemistry and it is like they “can read each other’s minds.” They are always encouraging one another and pushing each other to be the best they can be!

JV B-team has won two tournaments: the Donoho Tournament and the Pleasant Valley Tournament. The team’s chemistry is unstoppable, and the athletes had an exciting and insightful season. Even though the team is young, they all are supportive of one another and keep each other fighting for the win. Co-Captain Sarah Waggonner says, “All of our captains are great leaders on and off the court… I had a great time this season and am looking forward to next year!”

The JV cheer team currently consists of fifteen girls. cheerleader Chloe Cater says that every single girl “puts their heart into getting the stunts right,” and they perform especially well when put with the varsity cheer squad. Their hard work and determination definitely show in all their performances!