Intersession College Tour- Day 1

Back to Article
Back to Article

Intersession College Tour- Day 1

Adam Stremmel

The Intersession 2018 college tour visited our first two colleges on Monday, February 19, 2018. After our long drive Sunday night, the students woke up at 7:45 a.m. to head to our first college tour of the day, the University of Georgia. We started by checking out one of UGA’s landmarks, an arch dating back to the first days of the college. We were able to see the campus’ beautiful quadrangle, fountains, and architecture. Then we went on to tour through several buildings such as the library, building of journalism, and the University’s old chapel.  We also were allowed to ring a large bell that UGA college students ring to let the campus know of a personal achievement.  The tour guide allowed us to walk down the “million dollar stairs,” a flight of stairs that would have cost the college one million dollars had they made them out of marble as originally planned. The UGA college tour finished with all of us viewing Georgia’s football field and bookstore.

We then made a four-hour trek up to the University of Charleston in South Carolina.  Upon arrival, we were greeted with a presentation about the college, with information about career paths and classes that can be taken at the University of Charleston. We then moved on to tour the college campus, seeing more beautiful quadrangles, a huge library, and the Stern building –  a building designated for food, club meetings, and relaxing for college students. We continued on to see the beautiful campus and several other buildings. One of these buildings had so many classes in it that, if you didn’t have a class there, some people wouldn’t even consider you a true University of Charleston Cougar.  Our tour ended with the main quadrangle on campus where the graduation ceremony is held.