Intersession College Tour- Day 2

Back to Article
Back to Article

Intersession College Tour- Day 2

Adam Stremmel

The Donoho School college tour wrapped up our second day of touring Tuesday.  We visited UNC Chapel Hill and Duke University’s engineering program.  We also were taken on a special tour of the beautiful campus grounds by Donoho Alumna, Meghana Giri.

Our day began by going to UNC Chapel Hill, where we watched an informative presentation outlining important things about life and education at UNC.  Then, we received a tour of the grounds from a current student of the university.  We walked through the library and much of the school grounds.  Our students saw many of the academic buildings and the beautiful quadrangles.  We also saw their BeAM maker stations, where students can go to build things for school projects.  We ended our tour by visiting the “old well” – the school’s main symbol.

Afterwards, we traveled to Duke University where we learned about their engineering program from several students at the school.  We toured several buildings and lab rooms.  We saw their impressive classrooms, where they would face different design challenges.  We also saw a few different research facilities the college provides.  Then, we met up with Donoho School Alumna, Meghana Giri, to tour more of the campus.  We started by looking through the school’s beautiful chapel.  She then showed us one of her favorite buildings, the student wellness center, as she called it.  We also got to see where several students were waiting in tents in an attempt to get free basketball tickets.  We ended our tour by walking around outside some of the dorms and dining center.